The Meta Search Engine that I chose to do was MetaCrawler, cause I thought it sounds very unqiue. As for the Subject Directory, I chose Yahoo! Directory. Cause I really don't know how to use Google Directory!!! HAHAHA.
FYI, my topic is "Effects of financial crisis on spending habits and consumer markets"
First stop, Yahoo! Directory.

I am really not used in using a directory, it might seems very comfortable to the eyes, as everything is categorized to this belonging group, however, what if you are finding something like food technology? Are you supposed to click on 'Technology' or 'Food'? What if you didn't even know what category the thing you wanna research on belongs?!
Oh my! Hahaha.
So I click click click. The thing is, they got SUB-category somemore. -.- That's rather tedious.
Sub-category
Sub-sub category~
Haiyoyo!
Overall, I find that Yahoo! Directory is rather hard to navigate around, as it is restricted. That's what I think, so it may not be true. However, if I am to research something that specifically belongs to a group then it might be easier. Or else, not very good. Let's just stick to the normal Googling style. Haha.
Next stop, MetaCrawler Search Engine

Things are so much easier here, seriously.
Whoohoo! All the results retrieved are not from ONE but SEVERAL database of popular search engines~ Stated on the photo above:)
MetaCrawlerWeb is much similar to Google and Yahoo, where you just have to type the thing into a search box, and click Search, and all the information are down there for you to research on. The only things different is~
1. Not suitable to search for blogs, books, maps etc. It is only good to search for information, more of the general stuffs.
2. It's neater. Sometimes is you search things in Google, all sorts of stuffs just appear, pictures, videos etc. But in Metacrawler, you onlygetto find photos on the Pictures tab. Videos on the Videos tab. So no worry, things are neater here:)
3. Metacrawler do not have the 'Pages from Singapore' tab. Haha. That's rather hard if I wanna search something that only Singaporean knows. HAHAHAHA.
Overall, it's good. Can consider next time if I needed to do some similar researches. Haha.
And also, it shows the 'Popular Searches' and 'What are you looking for'. For example, I am search for financial crisis, and it will displays some related information of it such as 'Financial Crisis Causes', Greed and Global Financial Crisis etc etc. Good!
Okay, I gotta go now. Bye. Cya guys later!
Praying hard that today lab isn't much of a work to do. I am tired!
Chao!
Labels: Tired of school work
